This Library is the heart and soul of the Educational system and the esteem of an institution which receives and collects the day to day informations and stores for the knowledge seekers. The dignity of a College is reckoned from the Library it maintains. This College Library is situated in the new building.
1. The staff students of the College and other persons specially permitted by the Principal may use the Library.
2. The Library is open from 11A.M. to 4 P.M. on all working days.
3. Books will be issued to students of different classes according to the time schedule to be notified from time to time by the Principal.
4. No books shall be taken out of the Library without the knowledge of the Librarian and until it is properly mentioned the issue register and the entry signed by the borrower.
5. Each and every borrower must examine and report the condition (if damaged) of the books to the library staff immediately after issue. Otherwise, incase of mutilation discovered later, the concerned borrower shall be held responsible.
6. No marginal notes, under lining or marking or other notes shall be made in Library books. No pictures or pages should be removed, torn or otehrwise disgigured. In such cases the borrower shall be asked to replace the book damaged by him/her with fine.
7. Books shall be refunded / returned within the period allowed to a borrower.
8. When the time for the return of a book falls on a holiday, it may be returned to the library on the next issue day. Otherwise a nominal fine will be collected from the borrower for the defaulting days.
9. Anybody in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever notified.
10. All library books issued to the borrowers shall be returned to the library before the College closes for long vacation.
11. Strict discipline and silence must be maintained inside the library.
12. Dogs, Cycles, Sticks and other articles (not connected with the study of books) should not be brought to the library premises.
13. Spitting, Smoking, Sleeping inside the library and putting one’s legs on the library furniture are forbidden.
14. Unauthorised entry into the library premises is strictly prohibited.
15. None but the members of teaching staff, the ministrial staff and the research scholars may go beyond the library counter. Persons who have got special permission from the Principal may also work inside the stock room of the library.
16. The following is the list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrower.
a) Members of the teaching staff irrespective of pass and Hons. shall be allowed to take maximum 10 books of their own subject.
b) Demonstrator and P.E.T. shall be issued 5 books of their own subject each.
c) Every non-teaching members belonging to Class-III category shall be issued no exceeding 3 books.
d) Only Honours students shall be issued 2 books for a week.
e) Both +3 and +2 students (general) shall be issued only one book for a week.
If a book has several parts / volumes each part or volume of these, should be treated as one book.
17. A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him/her only when nobody else wants to take the books. Books before re-issue shall be presented before the librarian for necessary entries in the register.
18. Reference Books, Maps, University Calendars, Courses of studies, Current issues of periodicals and other rarebooks shall not be issued out of the library without special permission of the Principal.
19. Members of the teaching staff, the ministrial staff may take books from the Library by signing on the issue register. Students for borrowing book are required to produce Library cards which will be given to them in the biginning to each session.
20. Each teaching staff may be allowed to borrow at any time only one copy of text or reference book.
21. Any book lost, damaged or defeced by a borrower will be replaced by him/her. If the book is one of a set or series and the volume can not be obtained single the whole set or series be replaced at the readers cost. If the books are rare and irreplacable, the borrower would pay an amount upto a maximum of double the recent catalogue prices of the book. In case the recent price is not available, the cost of the book may be asked by inceasing one fold of the catalogue price for each, period of five years from the year of the publication.
22. If the price of the lost books can not be asecertained he/she should pay as compensation an amount fixed by the Principal.
23. Students should surrender their library cards at the library counter at the time of obtaining clearance and reissue of new Library Cards.
24. A student who wants to enter the library premises, should submit the identiry card to the librarian.
25. Violation of library rules makes a borrower liable to penal proceedings and loss his rights of using the library.
26. Nobody is allowed to enter the stock room without the permissioin of the librarian.
Reading Room : Inspite of the paucity of accomodation for the teaching block, the College has provided a room inside the library building for reading room of the students at their leisure, during the college hours. The rules are prescribed for the smooth management of the library reading room to which the readers are to pay attention.
a) Readers must produce their identity cards and collect a pass for entering the reading room.
b) The number of sets in the reading room is limited. Preference will be given to the first come first basis.
c) No student will be allowed to enter the reading room if seats are not available.
d) No gossiping, whispering, merry-making or any kind of noise producing indisciplined activity is allowed.
e) Each student will be allowed to take one book inside the reading room on producing the library card and a call slip.
f) Students must no forget to receive their library cards and identity cards before leaving the reading room only after returning books and pass to the library staff.
g) All the books issued from library must be returned to the library 30 minutes before the library closes for the day.
h) If a student fails to return the books, a fine of Rs. 1.00 per day will be imposed until he/ she returns the book. If a student fails to return the reading room pass, a fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be penalised till he/she returns the pass.
Lending Library : This college has a lending library to facilitate the poor students for their study.
a) Students have to apply for books from the lending library to the Principal with their choice of books from the beginning of the session. If the books are available, the students have to deposit 20% cost of the book for one session only.
b) Lending library books are to be returned before summer vacation and form fill-up for respective Annual Examination. No clearance will be issued unless and until the books are returned.
c) Students failed to return the books of the lending library are liable to pay fine of Rs. 1.00 per day.
Donor’s library : Some noble hearted persons have donated books, to institute the Donor’s library.
a) Every body can donate books to donor’s library. Receipts of donated books will be acknowledged by the Librarian/Principal.
b) Books from donor’s library can only the issued to, donors and persons specially permitted by the Principal.
c) Donor’s library books can be issued for Library Reading Room readers on the basis of same principal which is applicable to general library books.
30. All the rules are subject to amendment as and when necessary.